Tuesday, December 20, 2016

I need HOT WATER!!


VENT.
There has to be a public school in this country that has hot water in the bathrooms. I am tired of getting frostbite every time I wash my damn hands. At this point, I am ready to pack up my (very) dusty grammar books and transfer to another school. RIGHT NOW.

I don't care if the staff there claims Dr. King, Malcolm and FLOTUS are full-blooded Korean, I will transfer there. I don't care if they want to eat kimchi and rice cake on my braids while stroking my dark skin and saying how surprised they are it is "so soft", I will transfer there. I don't care if they say that all the 1990's songs were originally written by a Korean and then translated into English, I will transfer there. I don't care if they say jazz, tap dance and R&B were created in Seoul, I will transfer there. I don't care if they say that a Korean was the original lead singer for the Fugees before Lauryn took over, I. Will. Transfer. There! I don't care if they get cornrows, spray on a tan and sing AIDA and the Lion King theme song at Sylvia's Restaurant in Harlem while eating cornbread, greens and potato salad,...

I JUST WANT HOT WATER WHEN I WASH MY HANDS!



No comments:

Post a Comment