Thursday, December 29, 2016

A Black model? Who approved this?!


I found this huge ten feet high ad at USquare bus terminal in Gwangju. There are two options here - either the brand demanded specific ads regardless of the country or Korea is changing....yeah right, LOL!

Asians DO NOT LIKE DARK SKIN. 

I repeat. Asians DO NOT LIKE DARK SKIN. 
They consider it inferior and cover themselves as much as possible in the summertime so their white skin will stay as white as possible for as long as possible. They wear full clothing in the ocean to avoid getting darker. They use whitener in their beauty products to get as white as possible. So seeing people of color appear in more and more advertisements in this country is a small miracle. Maybe in my grandchildren's lifetimes they will will learn what I already know. My Black is BEAUTIFUL.
LOL! I ain't holding my breath.


No comments:

Post a Comment