Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Goodbye, bring me back some kangaroo steak!


My Korean friend, Julie, is leaving here to live and work in Australia. Last year, her after-school class was right next door to my office. She has been kind to me for two years. We have hung out together and have had fun. I will really miss her but promised her that I would be available for those times when she needs me as she ventures out of So Ko and into a new world. I told her she was very brave since many Koreans do not leave their country, ever.  She told me that I was an inspiration in making her decision to leave. (tears)

There are lots of pretend friends here. Lots of people who want to use you for whatever their needs are but they do not want to give anything back. With Julie, there was always an even exchange. She is a strong young woman who also has a heart of a lion.

I will miss my friend. 





No comments:

Post a Comment