Saturday, March 5, 2016

Cloudy with a chance of spaghetti


Hey! Do you know if you can freeze cooked spaghetti? How would it taste afterwards?

Huh? 
Why do I want to know?
Umm......no reason....just wondering out of the clear blue sky, that's all.

Okay, so I just came back from vacation and visiting my family. I got used to cooking for a family with leftovers in the fridge for two days. Today I set out to make spaghetti and, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT CAME OVER ME, but I put TWO PACKS of spaghetti on the fire to boil for little ol' me.
Oh My GOSH.

There was so much spaghetti that I had to go to the supermarket a block away for more spaghetti sauce ($9,000 won for two bottles) and it BARELY MADE A DENT!!

So now I just finished putting the spaghetti in lots of little plastic bags to freeze it because I REFUSE TO WASTE FOOD. I will be eating spaghetti for at least a month.

Sigh.

So....again...do you know if you can freeze cooked spaghetti? and how BAD will it taste after that? LOL.

Update and disclaimer:
The majority of the native english teachers here are given a one room apartment that has a washing machine. The apartment does NOT come with an oven, just a two-burner stove top (four if you are lucky).

If I had an oven, I would have been able to make lasagna and my world-famous brownies! But no, we do not get the luxury of an oven. So I did not freeze the noodles. I just ate spaghetti ALL WEEK LONG.






No comments:

Post a Comment