Friday, June 13, 2014

Honestly, how many rice cakes can you eat?

I love rice, don't get me wrong.
Well, I loved rice until I came here and realized how much Koreans LOVE rice anything.
Rice milk, rice wine, rice cake, rice tea, rice rice.

I honestly feel that rice is being abused in Korea.
Some of the teachers will bring in rice cakes during the teacher's break at 10:30.  I am always grateful for the treats.  But when it is rice cake, they devour it. I take a small piece to be polite but...between the rice tea, the rice milk and other rice products...well, it is coming out my ears. My love for rice is slowly decreasing the more it shows up, in my face, on a daily basis.

Sorry, rice.

When I bought in a treat, it was cheese cake. You can take the girl out of America, but you cannot take America out of the girl!








No comments:

Post a Comment