Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Can you forget how to ride a bike?

Today was election day here so we had the day off from school. My friend, Grace, from church, came over so we could go to lunch and then (try) to ride my bike in the nearby park. Lunch was a traditional Korean one with lots and lots of bowls of different types of cabbage, mushroom, baby bamboo sprouts (yes) and more vegetables.  I was glad to have found a restaurant nearby that I could take other friends to when they visit.

Koreans always make sure to protect themselves from the sun, whether it is visible or not. My friend was covered from head to toe and even had on gloves. I had on short jeans and a short sleeve summer blouse.

Grace and I tried our best to keep our dignity in check while very small children rode circles around us, literally. There is a track at the park and the children were riding their bikes in circles around us as we attempted a task that was never meant to be forgotten, lol.

It was fun and I was glad for the visit.





No comments:

Post a Comment