Thursday, June 19, 2014

Apricot picking

I picked apricots yesterday during lunchtime.  No, not on a farm. At school.

During lunchtime, my co-teacher asked if I wanted to go get some apricots. We walked outside and crossed the schoolyard. There was a huge apricot tree with a large net stretched over the monkey bars to catch the fruit. It made me smile to think that a school would have a tree full of fresh fruit on the playground. My long arms came in handy. I was able to reach into the net and get the freshest fruit. We ended up with several bags and washed them in the sink in the administrative office.

It was sweet and delicious. I even bought some home to share with my primary school today.

Who would ever think that a teacher could go fruit-picking at lunchtime?  Sweeeeeeet.








No comments:

Post a Comment