Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I can catch the moon in my hands...don't you know who I am?


Last night was our night to review for a final exam - a lesson plan demonstration. My roommate, Aretha, and I were as anxious as everyone else in the program. We kept bouncing ideas off our heads. We all wanted to make a good impression for our managers. Several hours into our exam review, I asked Aretha if she knew the words to Fame, the 1980s tv show about a performance arts high school.
It was one of the songs I used to motivate myself when an extra push was needed. I started to recite the words...

     Baby look at me...and tell me what you see...

I quickly pulled up the song on youtube and we started dancing around our dorm room like two highly motivated teenagers, wide-eyed about our futures and open to any possibility that life had to offer.

      Baby, look at me and tell me what you see
      You ain't seen the best of me yet
      Give me time, I'll make you forget the rest
      I've got more in me, and you can set it free
      I can catch the moon in my hand
      Don't you know who I am?
      Remember my name

      (Fame) I'm gonna live forever
      I'm gonna learn how to fly (High)
      I feel it coming together
      People will see me and cry
      (Fame) I'm gonna make it to heaven
      Light up the sky like a flame
      (Fame) I'm gonna live forever
      Baby, remember my name
      (Remember, remember, remember, remember)
      (Remember, remember, remember, remember)

 Oh, yes, we aced the final exam!! LOL


Life's possibilities are endless.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2COKt6DqSaQ





No comments:

Post a Comment