Tuesday, May 20, 2014

School lunchee

I can usually count on getting my daily serving of fruit and vegetables in my school lunch.

The staples are rice and some kind of soup. There is also usually fish or chicken. And of course, kimchi, the official dish of the country. Kimchi is fermented cabbage and is spicy. I try to avoid the spicy foods as I struggle with my chopsticks, determined to win our daily war.The spicy food makes my nose run, tears up my eyes and aggravates my stomach. Seems a high price to pay for a meal. The lunch pictured below is rice with seaweed (very popular here), fish, tartar sauce, kimchi, soup and apple slices.

Koreans, generally, do not drink water with their meals. So after eating and putting their trays away, everyone fills up a small metal cup for water to wash down the meal. After we recycle our uneaten food, of course.

Here is a pic of the lunch ladies. All of them are very kind and sweet.










No comments:

Post a Comment