Saturday, May 3, 2014

"Mool opp-soy-yo" I do not have water

I woke up at 1:30 am last night to use the bathroom. When I went to wash my hands, there was no running water. I tried the shower and then the kitchen sink. Nothing. It was strange but I figured maybe they closed it for repairs overnight. I used a handwipe and went back to sleep. I forgot about it because in the morning, I was able to take a shower. Went downtown and came back to no water, not even a drop.
I went downstairs to find the landlady but the office was closed and the door was locked. I saw another tenant carrying a cat on the elevator, so I did charades and asked him. He did charades back to me and told me to go down to the landlady and ask her about the water.

Been there, done that.

Maybe S Korea has water rations that I missed during orientation. Did I use too much water and go over my ration amount?!
So I go knock on the door of a neighbor two doors down. He looked surprised to see me at his door, but did a quick recovery.  My bottle of water and I did charades with him and he suggested I call the landlady. I told him NO PHONE. (If you speak louder, it transcends a foreign language, did you know that?) So he said he would call the landlady for me. I thanked him, bowed my head and came back into my apartment.

15 minutes later, WATER!!! YAY!!!!


 A water bottle works well for charades


Water again!! YAY!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment