Saturday, February 16, 2019

Pain in my butt, injection in my buttocks.


I've had pain in my left, outer thigh for two days. There is a small area that is tender to the touch. My teeth/jaw/gum on the left side has also started to ache. The right eyelid was  fluttering involuntarily for four days now.
After researching online, it was either bone cancer, a pressed nerve or a slipped disc.
I know, right?! Such extremes! Thank you, internet.

I was in tears this morning because after getting dressed, I was imagining having to walk down the mountain, take the bus to Suncheon, the bigger town next door, then having to try to make a Korean staff understand my symptoms.

It was exhausting just thinking of it.
After making a few calls to a couple of older Korean friends, Mrs Moon offered to take me.
She picked me up and took me to her husband's brother's doctor office. VIP treatment felt so good. I was whipped into a consultation, spine and hip xrays then given meds and an injection in my buttocks. All within fifteen minutes!

Whew!! I was never so happy to get a needle in my butt in my life!!
Thank God for sincere, helpful friends!

Afterwards, Mrs Moon took me grocery shopping at TrialMart. I bought a bunch of staples to hold me over for about a week.

I treated her to lunch as a "thank you".
The hot beef and noodle soup felt so good in my tummy. Mrs Moon enjoyed her spicy, vegetable soup, too.

I was almost ready to endure the pain JUST to not have to navigate the Korean medical system alone.

Again, thank God for sincere Korean friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment