Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Dude, where did you get this fox fur Russian hat?



This Korean guy sat next to me on the 3 hour bus ride to Daegu recently. He had on the biggest Russian hat that I've ever seen. 
He was proud of it, too. It was fox fur. How do I know?
He told me three times. 

In my five years in this country, that was the first time I saw anyone wearing a hat like that. He explained to me he was a weekend Dad/father and video chatted with his wife and daughter at the beginning of the bus ride. Of course, I was asked to wave at them. Hi, wife and daughter! He said that he lived in Daegu during the week and then travelled to Gwangyang on the weekends to be with his small family. 

When the bus stopped at the Daegu West bus terminal, guess who met him? Guess!
His Mama. Yup, this grown @ss man lived with his mother during the week and his wife during the weekends. He was babied for five days and only had to be an adult for two days. Korean men are coddled by the women in this culture soooooo much. Ha, it must be nice. 
He insisted on taking us for a donut and coffee. I only accepted the donut. After eating, I politely thanked him and watched him, his mother and his fox fur Russian hat disappear into the crowded streets. 

It actually made him even cuter. He looked like a young boy getting ready to take his sled down a snowy hill with his furry hat on. 





No comments:

Post a Comment