Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Damn, I don't even get invited to the end-of-semester teacher dinner? Y'all cold af.



So my handler let it slip that she was attending an end-of-semester teacher dinner today. I was not invited or even notified of any dinner even though I know every school has a special dinner at the beginning and end of each semester to celebrate the school year. So I send a text to my handler this morning telling her exactly how I felt. No anger. Just disappointment that all the efforts that I put into my kids/students did not even earn me an invite. Even if she comes back now and invites me, I don't want to go. 

I don't know why I continue to expect to be treated as a human being in this country. Every time I do, I end up in tears with a hurt heart. These people don't give a shit about us. We don't exist and mean absolutely nothing to them. I thought my little book would make a difference in this culture but it would take an ocean full of books to make these people open their minds to us. 

I felt really low last night. So homesick. Lots of tears and a hurt heart. 
I always put forth so much effort for my students to learn in an engaged manner and, truth be told, I only exist for the students. No one else acknowledges my efforts or even know I exist. 
Home sounds very lovely right now. 
I know that once I'm home, it will amaze me that I put up with this abuse/neglect for so long. 

I am tired of being treated as less than human here.
Any attempts to change it is like hitting your head on the wall for hours and expecting a door to be created. Worthless efforts and leaves you with a headache. 
You gotta know when to throw in the towel. 
You really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment