Tuesday, April 19, 2016

I Bid You Goodnight, Garth.








My friend and long time co-worker, Garth, died this past weekend. My tears keep flowing that such a sincerely nice guy has been taken from us. When I found out he was sick in January, I reached out to another former co-worker for his cell number and called him. He sounded optimistic and I told him that I missed him and would pray for him. It felt so good to hear his voice! It was strong. About ten days ago I felt an urgent need to speak with him again. So I called him three times in one week. The first time I got the voice mail and left a message. The second time, I spoke with a family member and left a message that I just called to say hello from South Korea. The third and last time I asked for the family member to give him a message. I said, "Please tell Garth that I love him". I hope he got the message. I know he is out of pain now and I am happy for that.

Today at work, after my classes, I kept staring at his picture. I cannot believe he is no longer on this earth. I could not stop crying. Why are the good ones taken when there are so many evil people in this world?  Why him? I know death comes for everyone but knowing that does not lessen the pain.

I believe everything happens for a reason...but I cannot find a reason for this.
Garth had a sincere heart and was a considerate human being. He always had a smile for everyone.  The world has lost a kind soul. I will continue praying for his family.

Rest in peace, Garthie.
You will be missed.





No comments:

Post a Comment