Thursday, October 15, 2020

We out here stealing grocery boxes, now?


Microaggression #13
Life in Korea
I was leaving the supermarket downtown, near my house, last Saturday. As I paused in front of the packaging area at the front of the store, there were two southeast Asian women at the counter putting their groceries in two boxes. One of them glances at me, then tells her friend to PLEASE watch her box so she can walk ten feet and put the empty grocery cart away.
Her friend looks at me then puts a protective arm around the open box of groceries just in case I decided in that moment to grab it, quickly put it on my head and run for the hills...by foot. As you know Korea is generally a pretty safe country. Heck, I haven't heard of an open box of groceries being stolen here since 1901. This witch had the nerve to think that because of my brown skin, I would grab her box of groceries and make a run for it?
So, that's what we doing now?
Folks out here stealing open grocery boxes?
Sorry to say but the most evil thoughts ran through my mind. F@ck being mature and "going high when they go low". Such mean thoughts were in my head that I had to meditate to get them out. Things like, "You should run home to get your daily black eye from your low class local husband who is mad that he couldn't afford to marry a Korean woman so he settled for your mail order @ss" and
"Koreans think you're sh@t under their shoes".
When I see this witch again, Imma say something to make her cry.
After all these years, I'm ready to jump on these fools.
Brick city, all day, every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment