Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Can I be petty for a moment?


Can I be petty for a moment?

Foreigners are treated like crap in this country.
The men are treated like criminals who come here to take the locals' jobs and to steal the virginity of their women.
The women are treated like easy lays who cannot even spell the word "morality".

Even though almost EVERY female KPOP star wears outfits that practically gives you a peep at their vaginas (and some Korean women follow the trend) God forbid a foreign woman wears a short dress or skirt that is above the knees. It is considered indecent and slutty when we do it.

My young (and older) female teachers wear short skirts and dresses ALL THE TIME.
My co-teacher wore this black dress today which reached mid-thigh on her.
If I was to wear that same dress and it reached me at the SAME MID-THIGH, there would be dirty looks, snide remarks, shaking of the heads and possibly a sit-down to remind me that a teacher must set a certain example.

SMH.

It is this kind of hypocrisy that irritates foreigners here.
We are not here to commit crimes.
We are not here to steal your jobs and women.
We are not here to lay with your men.
We are here to teach English in whatever restrictive method you allow us to do it in.
We are here to teach your children that life exists outside of South Korea.
We are here to travel and explore Asia and enjoy ourselves before we go back home to our real lives.

Ok, rant over.

I feel better now (smile).



No comments:

Post a Comment