Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Blah blah blah...

Every since I have come back from vacation last week, I've lost all interest in my adopted country.
Nothing interest me anymore. Not the upcoming cherry blossoms. Not the new semester full of fresh-faced eager students ready to ask to touch my hair and skin.
Nothing.
NADA.

I know it is a combination of factors. The majority of our orientation class will be completing their contract next month and bouncing out of here, HAPPILY. They are looking forward to either returning home or continuing their travels to another foreign country.
Having to say good-bye is daunting and draining.  Also the thought of being in this country for the next 13 months is depressing. I will have to make new friends and create a new network in order not to feel isolated. This is when I wished I could join the "drinking crowd". It would be so easy to just drink away my loneliness. Since I do not drink, I will have to pacify myself with chocolate and ice cream.
NOT THE SAME THING DUDE!!!

I have to get my mojo back! OK I will start taking pictures again. I love photography and taking pictures during the springtime will lift my spirits.
 (And, per the picture below, makes me look years younger! LOL.)

Image result for smiling black woman




No comments:

Post a Comment