Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Time to participate kiddies

These colored ice cream sticks have increased class participation by 1000%.

I pick one person per class to go around and have other students pick out the sticks. Whatever numbers are picked, that student has to stand up and either read or recite whatever textbook info we are learning. It helps a lot. I can get more than half of the students to speak English during every class. It also keeps them on their toes. Whoever gets chosen to walk around the room and have the other students pick sticks, feels very powerful, at least during the class time.

Footnote: always count your sticks after every class. LOL. My slick students STOLE their numbers near the end of the semester and I did not know it until after the semester was over.
What can I say?

My rugrats are SMART!




No comments:

Post a Comment