Wednesday, April 24, 2024

"Teacher, s@ck my d!ck" part 3

 


"Teacher, s@ck my d!ck" part 3


The school asked if I wanted to be in the meeting with the parents. 

I refused to meet with the parents. No thanks. There was nothing they could say to me, in their limited English, and I did not want to deal with their tears and apologies. 

Too many emotions and I did NOT want to go through all that. 

But one Korean father (of the boy who said the vulgar words) insisted on meeting me and apologizing.

I could not refuse because he specifically asked to meet me and apologize a week after the incident. 

_______________________________________________________

So I have to say now there are distinct class differences in Korea, just like any other country. In the rich areas like Seoul and Gangnam, the families are wealthy and the arrogance oozes from the students in the English classes, up north. If the same incident had happened in a rich area, the angry, entitled rich father would've stormed into the school and made our Principal, the VP and (tried) to make me apologize for creating the environment at school that made his son utter such a vulgar sentence to an adult. 

His rich son would be absolved of any responsibility and continue treating the world like his own personal playground. Rich parents who do this hurt their children and create another generation of elite who step on the working class people.

__________________________________________________________________________

That is the sad part. There is a sadder part. 

Because I live in a village in South Korea, there is the counter class. 

This is a working class area. 

The father came into my classroom in the early afternoon. He had a slight build and appeared to be low income, a blue collar worker. There were no expensive ties or suits purchased from the UK. There was no scent of expensive cologne or arrogance that comes with being rich. There was just a humble, embarrassed father whose apology note was translated on an app. On the apology letter he blamed his low education level for him not being able to stop his son from saying something so vulgar to me.

It made me both angry and sad that both of these were true. 


"Teacher, s@ck my d!ck" part 4- the punishment next















No comments:

Post a Comment