Wednesday, April 24, 2024

"Teacher, s@ck my d!ck" part 2

 






"Teacher, s@ck my d!ck" part 2


The boy said the vulgar comment on a Friday. 

I wanted to sleep on my response. So Monday morning around 8:20am, I went to the 4th floor and asked to speak with the 6th grade homeroom teacher who speaks English well. We have a good rapport. We sat in the 6th grade teacher's room and I relayed the story to her and slipped her a paper with the vulgar sentence. I refused to say it. She responded in shock, as she took notes. She apologized for his vulgarity but I refused to accept it. It wasn't her fault, naw, son! That child is responsible for his bad ass actions. She confirmed that she would relay to the other 6th grade homeroom teachers and the Principal and VP of the school and get back to me with their response. 

Well, a shit storm happened at the school, as expected.

I heard the boys were sobbing when confronted and that their parents were called for a conference at the school. 


I also finally heard the full story.

A boy saw and heard the vulgarity on a tik tok video.

He then came to school and told four other 6th grade boys.

Those four boys thought it would be funny to say it to the only woman foreign teacher, me. (They would NEVER had said that to a Korean woman teacher. We all know this.)

Two of the four boys said they wouldn't do it and the other two boys should NOT either. They walked away and refused to say it to me. 

The last two boys did rock, scissors, paper to see who would say it to me.

Even though the two boys had told them NOT TO DO IT.


I was hurt for many reasons, one for being a woman and then a foreign woman that they felt they could say this to with no consequences. I knew that in this culture, they knew better than to say that to any Korean person. So they thought less of me to decide to say it to me, the foreign woman teacher.


The boys had to immediately write letters of apology to me, which they did.

I was told it might be on their permanent record which I adamantly, vocally disagreed with. A mistake a 12 year old makes should not stop them from getting a job twenty years later, unless it was murder.

After about 10 days, I forgave them in my heart and told them I forgave them verbally, after several apologies from them. 

It would not help me to carry that anger while continuing to teach these students.


But I would be lying to you if I said it doesn't still hurt my heart, y'all. 


"Teacher, s@ck my d!ck" part 3 next

















No comments:

Post a Comment