Wednesday, April 24, 2024

No good gesture goes unpunished - Miss Lee, again

 





2nd UPDATE- Friday morning
Yes, she DID try and change the 9am class to after lunchee to benefit herself, even at the second inconvenience of the homeroom teachers, students and myself.
I told her that after being sick with allergies all week, I had no energy to teach five classes today, especially since I was only suppose to teach ONE DAMN CLASS, ha ha. Once she saw I was serious, she went and cancelled the second rescheduling request to the homeroom teacher. 

But...the strange thing was, when classes started at 9am, we both had all our students seated, she came to my classroom door and asked to speak to my Korean co-teacher, almost as if to ask her if she really needed me for that class so she could borrow me for her 9am class. TAKERS will always be takers. She was not happy to have my assistance for 3 full classes but wanted to insist that she have my help for all four of her classes, to make her teaching easier today. 

I can tell you that I have learned lots of lessons from getting to know her personality type better.  She has retaught me the necessity of boundaries and limits when interacting with these personality types. These lessons will serve me for the rest of my life. I am very grateful to her because these lessons were learned in a low-impact environment. 

Thank you, Mrs Lee. 

(Also, just to clarify, I am not grateful to be "so needed" and appreciated. It is not real need. It is a person's need to reduce her workload at the expense of everyone around her without regard for anyone else's situations or schedules. 

I understand now why everyone in this school hates/disregards her. She doesn't abide by the basic Korean rule of "appearance of generosity". She flaunts her selfishness with no self awareness. 

My close friend told me that it is my frustration of being in Korea and wanting to leave for the next chapter that has heightened my anger at her shenanigans. I miss being around sincere people who care about me and mutually want success for each other. 100% agreed.

I look forward to leaving her behind when I leave this country. 

UPDATE
I made sure that I picked up my real air con shieldπŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…




I tried to do something nice for my co-teacher, Miss Lee, due to a death in her family and got sucker punched, again.

I asked if she wanted me to reschedule four classes for tomorrow (Friday when she returns from bereavement time) since there is a 6th grade field trip and no Englishee classes. She agreed, I asked the 5th grade homeroom teachers, they agreed and moved some classes around to have 4 English classes for tomorrow. I relayed to Teacher Lee, she asked if I would teach with her, I said "no" I teach grade 3 and 4 on Fridays. (I missed my 4 Monday classes due to her bereavement time and need to make up the 4 grade 5 classes).

 I later found out that I only had 1 class on Friday due to a 4th grade field trip. I relayed to Teacher Lee and told her that I could teach 3 classes with her. She THEN ASKED ME TO ASK THE 5th GRADE HOMEROOM teachers to change one class to AFTER LUNCH so I could teach ALL 4 ENGLISH CLASSES WITH HER, instead of teaching one class by herself.

You GREEDY, SELF-CENTERED NARCISSIST, witch.
Even death of a fellow kindred spirit does not phase you. 

I had felt bad for her due to a bad health condition (two years ago) so I had put an aircon shield in her classroom. The shield prevented the cold air from hitting her on the spine and aggravating her condition. 

This week, I felt sorry for her due to the death in her family and, today, went and put up another hand-made air con shield for her. 

BEFORE her text asking me to re-arrange AGAIN the 5th grade teachers' schedule AND to have 5 classes myself JUST TO MAKE HER LIFE EASIER. 

Okay, so THIS was the last straw.
She will never change. 
Every situation HAS to FULLY BENEFIT HER NEEDS AND WANTS regardless of any one else's situation.

So, I finally give up. I went back to her classroom and ripped down the diy air con shield then threw it away in her trashcan. She is a very selfish person who will always put her needs first, her marriage is perfect for her. 

Even if she comes in tomorrow and changes the 4th class to be after lunch, I will tell her that I was initially scheduled to teach only 4 classes tomorrow so she will have to teach that class alone. 

I actually WISH she would reschedule the class to an afternoon class just so I can say "no" again, with a straight face.

Where are the sweet and kind hearted co-teachers? I miss last year's English teacher sooooo much!





No comments:

Post a Comment