Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Sleepover Middle School Camp - Day 2

Sleepover Middle School Camp - Day 2

It is 6:21 am of Day 2 of Middle-School Sleepover camp at Sehan University in Mokpo. 
Dude, today is the first day of classes and this is already kicking my butt, LOL.
Yesterday was orientation so we all met the kids who are in our homerooms. We did icebreakers to crack through that teenage "shy" block. Each class created a cheer and a poster representing their homeroom. I am teaching fashion/clothing for this camp. My kids are great. Lots of energy and they became comfortable with me and my CT, Rachel, quickly. We also have two Japanese students in our class. We had a the pep rally and our homeroom came in second. Our cheer was very good and incorporated 5 languages in the greeting to create an international feel since we also have our Japanese comrades. 

Today is the first day of class. All of the teachers will  teach the same lesson (different topics) for seven classes and eventually ten times each. It is a grueling schedule but also fun and energetic. 


I am grateful for the opportunity to do something different and learn new things. This will be my first time teaching and interacting with middle school students in this country. No, I am not scared of them. LOL. Although they do have a reputation for being "monsters" I know I can handle any class that has even a little bit of energy. High school kids terrify me because by that time they act jaded and think they know everything.


So...wish me luck today. FIGHTING!
























No comments:

Post a Comment